Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
After a long day at work no one wants to discover that a broken water pipe has caused water damage to your flooring, walls and ceilings. The first thing you want to ensure is the safety of you and your family by making sure that all electrical hazards and potential slipping situations are handled the right way. SERVPRO of Central Ft. Myers is your leader in the restoration industry. Dealing with a water leak can be an extremely stressful situation to discover but don't worry, SERVPRO is here to help. After contacting SERVPRO of Central Ft. Myers follow the tips below upon arrival.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (239) 334-8700
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.